View Single Post
Old 06.18.2012, 12:32 PM   #1567
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the space was given cuz they were chasing khedira and ozil as well (especially ozil). that's the thing about them, they are all great.
In my view, they weren't really chasing anyone. Holland was one disorganised mess and that was exactly the problem. If you get outclassed on midfield like happened in the Germany game then the least you could do is stay organised and defend, but the holding midfielders were way too static, the defence weren't confident enough to defend forward and the forwards neglected their defensive duties, resulting in the team falling apart into two blocks. That's why there was so much space and why Van Bommel fell through so obviously. Showed he's too old to cover that space. He didn't have that problem at AC Milan because they play so compact, but it was probably the most painful thing about the Holland-Germany game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and similarly, i see germany as a very strong team but i'm not convinced yet-- i mean today against tiny denmark they fucking struggled and ruined my beer drinking and gave me a headache. on paper they are great but then they try to play like barcelona, and watching them is an exercise in frustration
Obviously I didn't see that game because I was watching the other one, but I'm willing to bet that Germany didn't get that much space from Denmark as they were given by the Dutch. The Danes have been well organised this tournament. Again, my point being that Germany aren't on their top-top level yet compared to 2010-2011. Denmark are in no way a bad team though, it has to be said.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|