View Single Post
Old 05.03.2010, 08:53 PM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Wittgenstein represents the linguistic turn in philosophy; Lacan turns the focus of psychoanalysis from Freudian analysis of the conscious/ unconscious (etc) to the language of the analysand, and language in general. Although I really think Lacan's psychoanalysis as a mental health practise is his least important aspect - if I remember rightly, he didn't actually do much of it in his later career (possibly due to a lack of a licence). But yeah, there's a new idea about - Wittgenstein's language games - and Lacan goes 'hey, why the fuck don't I use this for what I do? That'd be well sick that.' He quite literally put a banging donk on psychoanalysis. .

first time i hear lacan incorporated language games into psychoanalysis-- i'm doing a search on it and no dice. but ok, both dealt with language, and perhaps converged somehow.

Quote:
Metaphysics was sort of off the cards at the time - it was the sort of thing that dreadfully boring English philosophers were on about, boringly. So reconstitute because it was a bit of a leper subject, which he made relevant again under the new ideas relating to language and psychoanalysis..

well, yes, ok. but you had heidegger and husserl and whatshisname that frenchie, bergson, dealing with metaphysics at that time, no? not sure what the eeengleesh were up to

what do you mean by metaphysics anyway? cuz i dont know that lacan was dealing with metaphysics per se-- he dealt with psychoanalysis-- freud & shit-- how do you bridge this?

Quote:
Incidentally, the English are incapable of doing philosophy.

ha! nietzsche said that. seriously.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|