View Single Post
Old 05.03.2010, 04:20 PM   #93
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I do think we should be careful to seperate off those misusers of Lacan: students and lecturers that we all know exist. While I'm personally not a fan of Lacan, I can't think of another intellectual who's had his reputation so discredited by the excesses of his devotees. Nietzsche maybe. Anyway, I'm convinced Lacan isn't the problem, nor some of his more serious champions (Zizek, Heath, Butler, etc), but rather it's the prat who suddenly declares himself a card carrying Lacanian after skim reading 'Beginners Guide to Poststructuralism' on the way to a seminar. I know that to be the case, because ten years ago I was that very prat.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|