View Single Post
Old 11.16.2017, 06:13 PM   #3288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'm over it...........NOW.

Actually, the only thing that bothers me is the "self-righteous" charge. I'm not sure where that came from.

Anyway, hardly. I call bullshit on a lot of the men who are supposedly aghast at bad behavior. I've actually been doing some self-reflection while I think a lot of my brothers have been pointing fingers.
i consider self-righteous the notions that these transgressions are perpetually unforgiveable, and that only men commit them. there are degrees of bad, and there is always the possibility of redemption, or else we should all kill ourselves now.

the reason we don’t hear a lot about the abuse dished out by women is that if a man says something about it he gets laughed at or told that women get it worse. so you never hear about it and don’t think it happens. some of that is linked to certain notions of masculinity. some of that is outlined in the paper i linked you.

and sure the squeaky wheel gets the grease but just because we’re having a popular moment about “the menzes” it doesn’t mean there is an evil gender and a saintly gender.

abuse is abuse. and it’s pervasive. we’re a toxic species. all genders.

here, read this:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-j...exual-assault/

yes yes, i know that thought catalog is supercorny garbage (it really is). still. check it out. if it was women writing that you’d be up in arms and horrified, but it’s men so i guess you’ll feel compelled to make jokes about it and discount it as insignificant.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|