Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 02.26.2019, 04:17 PM   #151
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I wouldn't call Nigel Farage a politician as such. He's an agitator at best. We have our very own version of douchebags like that in Italy right now in our own government with Di Maio and Salvini. Two people who know that pointing their finger at specific targets, be they immigrants, the EU, or anything from outer space, will get them the attention they feel will advance their perceived charisma in the popularity polls. Italy, as you may have previously read, is in recession once more and has the weakest union activity we've seen in decades. I do think the tide will change because eventually all this stuff will need to end because of actual problems that have been avoided one way or another for a long time. And I think, in a way, delivering the no deal, hostile environment Brexit Theresa May really wants could be beneficial for this country because then you have nothing else to blame but your own policies. Nevermind the silly trade deals with Commonwealth countries. The irony is that I feel if the same referendum happened in Italy right now most Italians would vote to leave too. That's how fucked things are at the moment.
yeah ive been reading about salvini’s inflammatory squabbles with france, and his impending citizen salary of... 765 or 780 euros or something? maybe it works maybe he’s just buying votes.

in the case of italy seems to me he’d leave so he can manipulate the currency and provide a temporary illusion of prosperity. but the citizen’s income (i forget if this is the right name) would accomplish much the same. maybe.

i don’t know why italy’s economy is in perpetual stagnation though, it has lagged behind the neighbors since i have memory. youth unemployment now is insane.

the thing is if italy crashes the whole eu could maybe fail. no? bigger than greece, ireland, portugal...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|