View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 01:16 AM   #10073
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses

?/10

OK, I like the way the film was done, but...I had a different interpretation of it until I read some of the IMDb reviews of it and when I thought back to the movie, their interpretations fit better than mine. So while I enjoyed the presentation and the overall mindfuck-ness of it, the idea that the first 2/3 of the movie are the idealized dream construct of a failed actress and the final third is her downward spiral leading to suicide (indirectly foretold by her dream) is something I find really depressing. What's really tragic is that the story is all too plausible.

So whether or not I fully enjoyed the movie is something I'm still trying to figure out.