View Single Post
Old 09.25.2016, 12:59 PM   #49182
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
new Wilco is really good, yeah. I maybe like it more than Star Wars? Maybe? Nto sure yet. But these last couple surprise records have been really really solid and have sort of renewed my love of the band.

Sometimes they drop an album and it gets me right back into them like I was back when Being There came out. Sometimes they drop albums that for whatever reason I find sort of unlistenable. Sometimes they just drop solid records that lack pretense and just plain sound good.

Wilco (The Album) was one of the ones that temporarily got me super fired up about Wilco again. The Whole Love was one of the ones that I just couldn't really deal with. So morose... if I want to hear twitchy morose jam-band Wilco, I'll listen to A Ghost is Born.

The last two records have both been the last kind of Wilco album. Nothing mind-blowing, really -- nothing revolutionary that signals a new era. Just good old rock and pop albums full of high quality songs. Schmilco is the band just comfortably kicking out fun tunes, just like Star Wars. Only while Star Wars was powered by the band's garage and kraut influences, Schmilco is the other side entirely. More of the tuneful folky stuff. But top notch!

It won't be my favorite album of the year, but it doesn't need to be. It's just a nice record. And yeah, it reminds me of how good they really are, and pretty much always have been.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|