View Single Post
Old 09.28.2011, 09:41 AM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/201...ame-nominated/

Wow. I'm surprised.

The Cure are one of my favorite bands ever. I love them, ridiculousness and all. I think they were the best mainstream pop band of the '80s by lightyears (the Smiths come close... REM can basically suck it).

I'm not sure I want them in there. To me, the Cure, despite being an internationally known and revered band, is essentially an "indie" band. I like to think of them that way, anyway. Ridiculous, I know, but whatever... they had a shoegazey sound when they weren't skirting the edges of post-punk, and that puts them in the same family as the '80s "college rock" groups.... for me, anyway.

So, how do we feel about this?

Also: anyone like the Cure?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|