Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.14.2006, 03:23 PM   #425
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Don't worry if you hate everything on there. I can handle it.

No, I don't hate anything on there. The Prince cover is a little suspect, but in the context of a mix-tape that's a good thing... if that makes sense? It's a nice mix... I have recognised nothing on there so far, but lots of things that could be someone I know. Generally, I'm really glad it came from someone who lived through an era that was pretty diverse musically - insofar as the dance/rock/metal lines weren't so solid as they are now. Or perhaps that's the skill of your mix-tapery, there's a lovely continuum of tempo in there... something which I resolutely avoid in mix-tapes. I'm tempted to say there's a Scritti Polliti track on there, but my knowledge of 80's stuff of the ilk here is pretty poor. If you could send me the tracklist I would be grateful, if only for the fact that one of the singers sounds for all the world like a good friend of mine.

Yes. The summary is I'm most pleased - I was a little worried that I was going to get something with a load of the indie guitar shit I hate, which is blissfully absent. I'm most impressed that I have failed to recognise anything in anything more cogent than a 'that sounds a bit like...' fashion. Thanks muchly chap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|