View Single Post
Old 12.04.2009, 08:18 PM   #25
mysonichaircut
children of satan

mysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
the problem there is you are paying attention to what josh homme does.

you need to unplug from that level its all bullshit and of no consequence.

if you take sy as a punk rock band, as they take themselves then they make more sense. as a band on the fringes of the mainstream trying to function in that milleu then- if that was were i was looking then they'd prob me my favourite band. but this is not how they see themselves. there are literally fucking thousands of bands putting out stuff better than sy each year but they have no exposure at the josh homme/snl type level. this is the level of bullshit and were you must be trained unconcioussly to instantly ignore should it get in your face.

arguably all sy have done is put the rock back into no wave and retroactively mined pre no wave music for influences, ending up the punk rock grateful dead.

goo and sister are cool, but they are just 2 records among millions of more interesting records i havent heard yet

they are not a punk rock band, not at all. and i dont care about mainstream or not, its all mainstream. there is no better band out there yet. there is better music out there, but it's not a band-thing.
mysonichaircut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|