View Single Post
Old 09.07.2009, 03:26 PM   #115
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I am radical as it gets, and I have no problem with radical feminists. I use the term feminazis not to refer to any active or radical feminist, but rather those one-issue based radical feminists who do not actually represent the interests or needs of women. Further, I think feminazis are racists in the sense that they only focus on woman's issues in the Western world, and in fact many of their ideas are not compatible with the needs of women in the developing world.

Specifically, I am referring to middle-class feminazis who bark and bark about abortion with blouted statistics, fallacy arguments and even fear tactics! Women need equality in the work place, increase in pay and benefits, remove the glass ceiling, better representation in the big business and political world, proper health care, good education for our (but in the US with single mothers primarily their) children, family issues etc etc. Last time i checked, abortion was already secured in america, its beating a dead dog. Woman GOT abortion, now shouldn't feminists (and those who are not feminazis are smart enough to know this ) focus on the things woman do not have and still need?

In cali last elections there were some abortion issues, Prop 4, which required adult notification (not a parent, just an adult) for an underage abortion (this is a SAFETY PRECAUTION). This required a potentially naive, intimidated or just nervous young girl who stumbles into a clinic to get an abortion to get counsel from a more responsible adult first. Any chemical/surgical dilation of the cervix is by definition a DANGEROUS and RISKY procedure for women's health. I work with highschool kids, NEVER FORGET that these are CHILDREN, and they make POOR and IRRESPONSIBLE decisions. When it comes to their safety and health, they NEED some HELP from adults, after all this is OUR responsibility as adults, to properly care for ALL the needs of our children. I may not have a vagina as glice was talking about, but I still understand health. Dilating the cervix, even under the sterile conditions of the OR, increases the risk of harmful infections, the development of growths and polyps, and worst of all cancer! Further, MANY women complain of terrifying psychological trauma after an abortion. Essentially, I say that abortion is here to stay, but lets restrict it for safety to have a waiting period for everyone and adult consent for minors. This is a public health issue, not a civil rights issue.

Feminazis are overly politicized over single-issues, and they NEGLECT important issues both in the Western countries and the world in general! There are still MANY more things which RADICAL feminists NEED to do for the women of the world. Abortion is at the bottom of the chain.. and on a personal level, what a fucking crummy and low-life issue to make your cause.. I-man and I-sistren prefer to deal with positive, with life, with health, with development..

I agree with what you wrote here about the dif between feminists and feminazis. Like you said, feminazis are closed minded and don't critically engage w/ the issues at hand.

However, it is also important to remember that abortion is not necessarily secured. It's legality is constantly at risk and it's important that people continue to advocate for it. I personally believe that abortion needs to be legal in all cases just in case. I don't think that it should necessarily be advocated but it is essential that it remains at option. What happens if a young girl is raped by her father and needs to get an abortion? Asking for parental consent might result in some extreme abuse. Unfortunately, cases like those are far too common.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|