View Single Post
Old 04.23.2009, 07:47 AM   #15
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
fuck that, guys you're quick. James, where did you manage to find internet connection that fast?

As greenlight said yesterday: "What a pace, James, WHAT a pace"

Anyways, it was super nice to meet you guys again. James (This Is not here) is a cool and friendly guy with enormous enthusiasm for all things Sonic Youth related, which is good.
The gig itself was INSANE !!!! Hands down the best Sonic Youth performance I've ever seen. The new songs sounded great, a pleasant surprise for me was especially Antenae, which proved to be very catchy at first listen. As for the older ones, they all rocked but I particularly liked Shizophrenia and, as greenlight pointed out, Silver Rocket. Brother James in the second encore then slayed everything.

After the gig, I got into backstage and got my copy of Psychic Confusion book signed by Thurston. Then I shook his hand and you could not find a happier person at that moment as I was.
We also talked to Lee for a short while after their soundcheck had ended, but we all three were so nervous of meeting him, so we rather escaped after a couple of embarassing sentences. Haha.

Great great evening. I'll most likely go and see them at Nightmare Before Christmas too.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|