View Single Post
Old 02.18.2011, 09:07 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
it's shit. shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.

and that comes from a guy who, 13 years ago listened to nothing else than this band and at that time was seriously ready to punch anyone bad-mouthing them.

but this, this is plain shit.

Slavo wins.

This is the best post you've made in a while, wish I could rep you.

I'm going to go ahead and change my vote of it being "not bad" and have to agree.. it sucks. I honestly do think THE ERASER is a horrible record, absolutely bland in every way. And this record does resemble that one.

The songs are glossy and light. Radiohead sleepwalking. It's instant-songwriting studio shit, it's like Radiohead fucking with a shitty drum machine and layering obvious "Radiohead soundz" (TM) over top. It's boring as hell. Remember their INTERESTING electronic experiments on Kid A/Amnesiac? "Idiotheque" and so on? Fuck, those were badass. This shit is just bad. Bland as hell. Like, there's not even much songwirting on here. And the few "song" moments are just rehashes of shit Radiohead did better 11 years ago.

In Rainbows was boring but some of the riffing was okay. THis doesn't even have that, to my ears. IN RAINBOWS was probably the single most difficult alubm to listen to in one sitting, since it was so goddamned boring. This album might be worse.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|