View Single Post
Old 10.27.2014, 08:19 PM   #45988
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yeah I'm mixed too. Half I thought was great. Half kind of a mess. But I like it more than The Terror haha. My favorite track is "She's Leaving Home."

Why doesn't anyone like the Terror? Albjms is fucking glorious! It's depressing as all hell, but beautiful.

Btw: I just started rocking the Flaming Lips & Friends tribute to Stone Roses- s/t, and I think it's probably the best tribute they've done. The Lips and their host of special guests make the songs their own without shitting all over them or turning them into something that's more of a shock-rock parody of the original.

I'm liking With a little Help From my Fwends more. The first three songs are mad decent, and I think the spirit and tone of the "Sgt. Pepper" intro is pretty reverent and appropriate. Some of the songs could have been epic reinventions, but sadly the Lips opted for weirdness over quality on at least 1/3 of the tracks.

I was really looking forward to "A Day in the Life," and while it's "Lennon" section is pretty coold, the transitions and the middle bit (Paul/Miley Cyrus) sound pretty phoned in.

And why isn't there a big, whopping, noisy Lips interpretation of the countdown and sustained piano slam at the end? They cut that bit out entirely. Or if they did include it, It was warped beyond recognizability, and that's just a waste.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|