Thread: Guitar players
View Single Post
Old 03.09.2010, 12:13 PM   #7
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
and about distortion...I havent heard the jazzmaster distorted yet but I can't imagine it would be bad. Basically here's my situation. I have a japanese strat and a les paul, can do some weird bendy sounds with the strat, has a nice vicious sloppy garage tone.

My les paul is my "nicer" tone guitar, but im sick of how heavy it is (not a big deal) but just mainly sick of all black and gold, kind of dreary. I want a sunburst guitar again. I feel tobacco burst is my personality.

But also I need a guitar that has better, harder, mid range bite, so far I played a tele and the jazzmaster and this jazzmaster beat out the tele in the same price range!

The emg's on my les paul arent cutting it. It breaks up the tone too much clean when it's loud, and when it's distorted its fine, but almost too metal sounding.

I play alot of surf/garage rock/we're a 3 piece so alot of clean/loud/pixies nirvana techniques and also alot of two note droning with the E and A string and walk around alot so I want something real mid-range and defined.

I played the jazzmaster thru a Fender bassman which is my amp, and it sounded great, now I just need to hear what it sounds like distorted with the bad monkey overdrive I use
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|