View Single Post
Old 04.14.2010, 02:23 PM   #2
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really intrigued to see this. the trailers make it look really awful and the whole new orleans thing could so end up being really cliched. but the fact david simon has done it makes me really curious. I agree, he's so far ahead of anyone writing stuff either for tv or even the movies right now, it's not even funny. The guys on another level. I so wish he'd start writing movies. I'd love to see him do something really epic with some top-grade director. The thought of a David Simon/Michael Mann collaboration. Christ, The Wire meets Heat. I've given myself an erection just contemplating it.

Interesting to see how he deals with the whole katrina thing. i'm a bit worried that it might be still a bit too sensitive a matter for him to doing anything too edgy - and that's certainly how it feels from the trailers, but i'm intrigued ultimately because if anyone is gonna be able to do anything interesting with that kind of subject, it's him.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|