View Single Post
Old 08.07.2013, 09:36 AM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you can boil it and let it cool off 5-7 minutes afterward but i prefer to stop the water pre-boiling because of the dissolved air (which helps w/ taste).

temperature matters. water at the boiling point will make it bitter as it extracts more tannins.

the other thing is that caffeine dissolves even in cold water and your first brew will decaffeinate your tea. i love re-brewed sencha (i do no more than 2 additional rebrews), but it's more mellow and not stimulating. so i'll drink it in the evening.

btw, i was looking at matcha prices around here. the ceremonial kind sells for $30 an ounce! (28g). a lesser one is $16/oz. i know the matcha spoon is tiny, but at the rates i drink, i'd probably be spending hundreds a month just to keep up.

maybe i'll pick up just a little for the occasional kick.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|