View Single Post
Old 01.18.2014, 07:45 PM   #46152
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
tunic def. check it out, if you like noise-drone stuff. but check the interview first. Juv is the name of the project.

http://www.miasmah.com/recordings/miacd014.html

"The music that was influential for us in the late 90s was the sampler-derived minimalism of Deathprod, the microtonal music of Giacinto Scelsi and Tony Conrad and the minimal works of groups such as Swans, Neurosis, Sonic Youth, Codeine and the Melvins. It was only when I got into experimental black metal and doom many years later, and especially the minimal and atmospheric work of bands such as Paysage D´Hiver, Brenoritvrezorkre, Sunn O))), as well as Burzum, that I started seeing the musical connection to Juv." – Are Mokkelbost.

This album is really haunting an unsettling in a fresh and unique way. I think the videos capture the tension of the sounds almost too well (in other words, do not expect to see this shit on VH1). I think Wolves of the Throne Room and GYBE must also be influences here.

Thanks man. Gotta order this ASAP.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|