View Single Post
Old 02.16.2013, 10:21 PM   #84
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
sometimes though I prefer the worse sounding "official" version cuz it's official. Like in the case of Deftones or Radiohead.

But in the case of 2pac it becomes a true dilemma for me. :\

I bought the legit White Pony. I just didn't like the mix. Further I almost cherish the leaked version for the sheer nostalgia of it. I was in high school and picked that up a month early like it was some kind of James Bond secret yo.

I say with the Tupac situation, that since you seem to already own the legit versions there should be no dilemma. You did your part. You contributed. The Amaru Foundation appreciates your donations. Now the fan of Tupac's art in you can also enjoy the "bootlegs" which to many and my own opinion, better reflect what the original artist would have wanted because again, at least half of the bootleg material are unreleased rough mixes that more than likely were directly as-is Tupac approved, whereas in my humble opinion having heard both, the legit reissued remixes sound like shit. They sound like mid-2000s rap, not mid 1990s-rap. It'd be like if Courtney Love had The Black Keys remix the Nirvana Box Set material

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|