View Single Post
Old 02.18.2011, 12:05 AM   #179
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
haha, i've been avoiding this thread - this year my valentine was SYR9, just in time... but had to wait til after work to hear it, cuz i wanted to spin the vinyl... i was going to complain that jim's credit wasn't on the LP version then realized the CD indeed has an extra track...(which i haven't heard yet!)

otherwise, great stuff! the recurring D tunings almost make it a companion piece of sorts to 'the eternal' in a way i feel that 'made in usa' is a companion to 'EVOL'. sound quality is phenomenal.

hiland's scans don't indicate this, but the album art does indeed reveal whether or not mark plays on it...(if this is still in question)...

To me Eternal and Syr9 is not same kind of accompanion as EVOL and Made In Usa. In my opinion only Alice et Simon in Syr9 reminds the Eternal and in Eternal the end of Anti-orgasm, Antenna, the middle of Malibu gas, Walkin Blue and Massage has something in common with SYR9 (but not sounding, to me the Eternal sounds very typical protools production and Syr9 much more analogsounding, especially drums). The Eternal is much more rock-oriented as SYR 9 (I have said to my friends that for example Anti-orgasm, What we known, poison arrow, Calming the snake, Thunderclap and no way sounded much more Stooges as Stooges in Weirdness-album).

If there´s some albums to compare, I think it is SYR1 and ATL. But if ATL is a big wooden old house, then SYR9 is that house that is changed into big old castle! Somehow there´s also something new in SYR9 although it sounds very much SY. That´s the big reason why I like SY so much!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|