View Single Post
Old 02.25.2015, 10:27 PM   #287
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok I'm going too hard on Drake.

Maybe it was waking up to that coffee-spitting double-take story about "OVO's" Hamlet audition and it's accompanying vine.

That was just plain not good for anyone.

But I'm spinning IYRTITL and I'm starting to mellow. It's better than the non-Yeezy infused moments of Dark Sky Paradise. The beats are hot and it's irregularity gives it an air of genuineness.

"No Tellin'" has some creepy ass samples.

"Please don't speak to me like
I'm that Drake from 4 yrs ago / I'm at a higher place
Thinkin' they're lions and Tigers and Bears /
I go Huntin' put heads on my fireplace"

Yeah, that's what's called fire. No question. That is objective fire.
"6PM in New York" may have a harder beat and a harder message than anything Drake's released yet.

However, saying that he "wants to prove that he's #1" isn't going to do him any good. When you're #1, like Jay in his prime, or Kanye right now, you don't even need to say it.

Drake's done well here.
I admit, today was my first time listening to the record. I am still processing.
However, this is a surprisingly good little treat. It's good enough to make me forget what a flamboyant Dbag Drake seems determined to be.

Anyway, forgive me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|