View Single Post
Old 04.17.2016, 07:21 PM   #15
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
I've enjoyed it a lot so far. I'm always perplexed by reviews that throw the whole album in the bin because of the album being "preachy" or being too ambitious thematically. I think it reveals more about the reviewer themselves than the music.

I like that the production is less reverb/delay-soaked than Let England Shake. It lets you hear a lot of little details about the songs... the subtle vocal inflections, the distinctive vocals of Parish and Mick Harvey, little shakers and claps dropping in and out, the ambience of the room I love that sort of thing.

As mentioned, the sax playing is fantastic. She sounds like Archie Shepp on The Ministry of Social Affairs... "wrong" notes and everything. It's glorious.
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|