View Single Post
Old 10.04.2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You Got Lucky is the best

If being an artist means being true to yourself regardless of the whims of people or the market or the culture, then Petty was a real artist. he did his music, how he liked it, with whom he liked. It was always Tom Petty music.

Yeah. Well said.

I loved him when I was a kid. Just adored Tom Petty. Not so much the rocky stuff, but the George Harrison and Jeff Lynne-influenced ballads. And he even maintained a bit of an edge in the wake of alternative rock. I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I used to listen to “You Don’t Know How it Feels” and “Last Dance with Mary Jane” right alongside Nirvana and Beck and stuff in the mid-‘90s. So did a lot of my friends who had similar taste.

Also, I listened to “Time to Move on” and it did indeed make me cry.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|