View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Some males are aggressive towards males. Everyone is aggressive towards females. The point is that I get punched about once a year. Twice or more in a particularly bad one. I am present in front of male-directed aggressive behaviour maybe once a month. Possibly more, depending on the thickness of my skin (not very).

Many women - I'd go with most - have to steel themselves against a panoply of fears every time they leave the house.

So yeah, violence is present in 'both' conventionally-understood genders. It's something most men have to keep their wits about them for, sometimes, but can generally wander about without too much trouble. That's a point that knox has made. Several times.

Point was taken here. The aggression with which she treated Rob on that thread I find terribly misguided, particularly because it could have been the start of a discussion on how we direct our feelings, both in a sexual and purely voyeuristic level, on other human beings who we find attractive. Besides, there certainly are situations where appearing ''unconventionally'' gendered will make you scared shitless. Knox tried lecturing ME about that, no wonder I find her a patronising bag of shit-waste to engage in conversation with.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|