View Single Post
Old 12.12.2016, 12:41 PM   #2025
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
@ severino - i'm agnostic in the sense of economic theory and what works for the economy and the possible results of a corporatocrat administration.

meaning that perhaps a low-tax regime promotes entrepreneurship and investment as creates a hong-kong style prosperity.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle13393877/

and maybe a little environmental rape will generate enough jobs and revenue, so that people can... AFFORD solar power, for fuck's sakes. plus if we deplete oil, we'll have no choice.

anyway, if you want to cast some doubt in your secure beliefs i recommend reading thomas sowell's BASIC ECONOMICS which is a very user-friendly but extremely neoliberal (in the sense of chicago school of economics, not american-style-"liberal") book. sowell is/was a disciple of milton friedman. he has some interesting arguments that i think they're going to be put in practice now.

don't know if you ever played alpha centauri but we're going from a lal/deirde alliance to a morgan/miriam/santiago alliance running this planet. not sure where zakharov stands... probably plays both sides.

now, sowell's theories don't inform my politics, because i'm suspicious of people who claim libertarianism but practice corporate welfare. but his ideas do inform my relationship with money, my understanding of scarcity and markets, my expectations for human behavior, etc.

he comes in book and audiobook form and even if you're going to hate him & reject him it's interesting to hear the opposing point of view in a dignified and respectable manner. there are many editions but they're all basically the same.

the story of the siege of antwerp he tells there to discuss price controls is fucking fascinating. there are others. but anyway check it out.

==

eta: also another thing to be "hopeful" about AS A LIBERAL is that the trumpet has a chance to pass the obama stimulus package, i.e., an infrastructure revamping program, in spite of bagger opposition. trump himself is not opposed to going into debt for this purpose and he carries weight.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|