View Single Post
Old 10.17.2020, 02:30 PM   #1
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
So I need to draft a translation of a novel chapter (fiction/non-fiction, genre doesn't matter, shouldn't be a script for a play or a movie though) for an interactive university lecture. The requirements are where things gets tricky:

It should've been released rather recently (though anything after 2000 goes from what I was able to gather), should be dialogue-heavy (we're talking at least 50-60% dialogue here) and preferably obscure enough that there haven't been any major translations of note yet (or at least not in German, which kind of is the same thing, because German is usually one of the first languages a major piece gets translated into).

That's a trifecta that kind of makes it tough to find anything of use, especially due to the latter point. But I figured with some literary aficionados here, someone may be able to recommend me some nice gem. Bonus points if it's a gripping read.

Edit: Goes without saying, but it should be in English

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|