View Single Post
Old 07.06.2008, 02:28 PM   #15881
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Those were a classic 4 albums. I think his problem is that he's been trying to reinvent himself and distance himself from those days too much- he doesn't want to be labelled a one-trick pony, but I don't think he knows what else to do really.

I really loved Mutations and I thought Midnite Vultures was funky and hilarious. Unfortunately he went all James Blunt with Sea Change. Guero and The Information have great songs but I don't feel his personality coming through as much as it did in his early days. It's all a little too generic.

I'm still buying Modern Guilt because the title track sounds good.

Yeah, that's his real issue. I think he might even know that the first 4 were gold.