View Single Post
Old 11.16.2006, 08:01 AM   #1
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
The Jukebox Shuffle Outtakes compiled here are live recordings from the post-punk years. Some of them still sound remarkably well and some of them have been very special to me once. I’ve always been a huge fan of Wire (I think the best band of the whole post-punk era) and I consider Television’s Little Johnny Jewel as one the best compositions of the seventies. The original track already appeared in the Jukebox Shuffle Series and here’s a wonderful live version, “recorded somewhere in the seventies”, according to the sleeve notes. The last three tracks are special to me since I was present at these shows in the Netherlands. John Cale’s Heartbreak Hotel (forget Elvis) still gives me the shivers. O yeah, like so many of us, I too had that (short) Flipper moment.

1 Wire: Lowdown (Roxy, London, 1977)
2 Tom Robinson Band: Martin (UK, 1977)
3 John Cale: Mercenaries (CBGB’s, NYC, 1979)
4 Talking Heads: Take Me To The River (USA-Tour 1979)
5 Sham 69: What have We Got (UK, 1979)
6 UK Subs: Telephone Numbers (Rainbow, London, 1980)
7 UK Subs: Organised Crime (Rainbow, London, 1980)
8 Television: Little Johnny Jewel (NYC, 1976)
9 Wire: Piano Tuner (Electric Ballroom, London, 1979)
10 Wire: Revealing Trade Secrets (Electric Ballroom, London, 1979)
11 Flipper: We Don’t Understand (USA, 1983)
12 Dead Kennedys: Holiday in Cambodia (Paradiso, Amsterdam, 1984)
13 Sonic Youth: Brother James (Emma, Amsterdam, 1983)
14 John Cale: Heartbreak Hotel (Vredenburg, Utrecht, 1983)

Download here
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|