View Single Post
Old 10.25.2013, 02:04 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
The Stone doesn't allow taping (or even taking pics), I think. Let's have hope, though.

Fuck yeah. About time somebody as the BALLS to enforce 1990s art/music etiquette. I am SO FUCKING SICK of going to shows and have to look over the tops of several hundred cell-phones recording the show and snapping pictures endlessly. Its like, "Dude, really, is it THAT fucking important for you to get a grainy, shit-sounding 45 second video clip of each song?" I admit, I have relished in some epically great YouTube bootlegs of some great live shows, but honestly, those are one person out of the several hundred recording. In other words, professional kind of bootleggers who would have pulled it off in the 1990s just the same. Propz to The Stone for sticking to their guns and telling phones/cameras to FUCK OFF. Lets respect the show, lets actually ENJOY the MOMENT rather than live for recording it. Lets treasure OUR ACTUAL MEMORIES rather than wasting the opportunity to develop some memories by trying to record every damned thing. When I first started going to shows in the 1990s, simply put, if you took a camera out, THEY'D CONFISCATE IT. Even worse if you were trying to video/audio record the show, they'd kick you the fuck out for that, if not worse! Bands used to get seriously offended at bootlegging, and further, I think everybody trying to be the concert photographers absolutely KILLS the mood. Fuck that. The Stone is setting a great example, I only wish other venues would follow.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|