View Single Post
Old 07.26.2013, 04:49 PM   #46167
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think they took the musicianship serious, but the aim was to be funny.

I hate their electric LP though. hated it when it came out. I like the acoustic freakouts.

I don't. Sure, the songs were played in a generally proficient manner, but they always felt disingenuous, almost like a parody of themselves. Again, Jack Black was very clearly trying to make this some kind of extended stand up comedy thing, but they had some marginal talent as musicians, and could have made something a bit better. Though, very few if any people have been able to navigate that world with the satirical seriousness of Frank Zappa and survive.. The guy was like the Salvidor Dali of music, you couldn't take him too serious, but definitely don't take him for a joke.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|