View Single Post
Old 11.23.2014, 04:51 AM   #89
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
okay I'm not going to pass comment on their music, have definitely enjoyed a couple of tracks of theirs, but christ:

"Well, I really think Sleater-Kinney is a singular band with no clear predecessor or successor, so I don't think we started out creating music that you could see the palette of colors that we were using, and maybe draw a lineage. But certainly there wasn't a distinct band that we were pulling from, and I think subsequently, there haven't been bands that sounds like us. So I don't really know how we would've come back together and done anything other than be ourselves."

"We wrote in my basement. It took on many permutations, and eventually we settled on a process that was a little more akin to what we had done in the early years, partially because Corin and I had to kind of reacquaint ourselves to the very specific vernacular that she and I speak, musically. And so, [she] and I would work on songs and then bring them to Janet, instead of jamming... It's almost telepathic. I think that Corin and I can complete each other's musical sentences in a way that never ceases to surprise me."

brownstein certainly does have an astounding ego on her..how 'singular' can three women making purportedly political music with a rock palette in THE FUCKING 90s be??

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|