View Single Post
Old 04.28.2016, 07:05 PM   #1735
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
It's also kind of a breakup album, though. Like, for sure. Only it seems like things are gonna work out in the end.

Yeah, it's black and stuff. But... y'know.. DAMN is it pissed off. I haven't watched that video of Jay reacting "for the first time" to the album (frankly I find it extremely hard to believe that he was not in some way privy to the album in development, and that he didn't hear it until it was finished... That just seems really hard to swallow for me, unless they're really on the rocks and, like, not sharing a home or spending any time together.

I kind of wonder if this isn't a long-con marketing stunt. The album is all over the press, and people are, like, "wow, what did he DO to her?" I'm sure most dumb Americans would listen to the album just to get some tabloid gossip tidbits out of it, even if they're not fans of Beyoncé.

But then there's the point pitchfork made about Beyoncé having a firm grasp on what the public does and doesn't have access to regarding the details of her personal life. It's safe to assume that she knows how this album will be taken, and that she's made a deliberate decision to allow people to take it that way.

I don't want the album to get swallowed up by the backstory, as was almost the case with Pablo. But I wouldn't mind knowing what the fuck, exactly, is going on here.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|