View Single Post
Old 12.08.2009, 12:41 PM   #14
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
NYCG&F - certainly has grown on me a helluvalot. wonderful atmosphere to this. probably the last "inventive"-sounding thing they've done.

Murray Street - this one kinda irks me since it's always referred to as a "return-to-form" album when i never thought SY really went anywhere. still, great album, but i'm not sure why it stands so highly above the rest according to a lot of folks.

Sonic Nurse - great. this is the album that got me into SY after being put off by them for a while. probably would be in my top five SY albums if it weren't for "kim gordon and the arthur doyle hand cream."

Rather Ripped - nowhere near as bad as people on here say, but i'm not opening that debate again. a few clunkers (maybe just "lights out" and "sleeping around"), but the rest are all good/great imo.

The Eternal - incredibly solid album front-to-back that just keeps getting better for me with repeated listens. could see an argument for it being the best SY album this decade.

perhaps SY's more "vital" days are behind them and perhaps they aren't doing anything new, but neither are motorhead or the fall and they're still great. bands like this shouldn't be allowed to make albums this good so late in their careers, honestly. very good decade overall. here's hoping to an equally great, if not better, 2010s!

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|