View Single Post
Old 04.03.2009, 12:22 AM   #95
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Please stop replying with "why do people care about labels?" No label is perfect, but labels often times put just as much, if not MORE, work/money/time into releasing music than a lot of bands do MAKING the music, especially in the microlabel noise scene. Have you SEEN some of the packaging these little microlabels do? I'm not a packaging fanatic, I couldn't care less how a release looks usually, but damn, they're still working their asses off on something that's going to be limited to 20 copies.

As far as bigger labels go, you probably wouldn't HEAR any bands if these labels didn't release them. Which is why most people that just self-release everything, unless they're already established somehow (by their prior affiliation with a label), don't sell shit.

"Label worship" is silly, sure, but let's look at some random label.. oh.... WAGON. I have bought/traded for/downloaded a large chunk of their catalogue and EVERY SINGLE RELEASE ON THAT LABEL THAT I'VE HEARD has been great! Usually, if the label head has good tastes and isn't doing shit just for money (again, this usually just applies to microlabels), then you can trust that nearly every release on that label is great.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|