View Single Post
Old 07.07.2012, 11:20 PM   #114
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Well, it is a bit difficult to compare Iggy to many that came before him, all the while there has been no shortage om imitators since him.

And sure...it was bluesy rock? So what? The approach was something beyond exceptionally unique for it's time. Most fail to consider the first Stooges record came out the same week as the Woodstock festival. Comparing what was going on there, to what was going on with a couple bands bangin' around Detroit...I think a lot is to be said. Tons of differences that go beyond the minimal similarities you've mentioned. Still, I applaud you for trying.
yeah iggy was an interesting personality and showman, but musically?

what unique approach? how is what they did unique?

like, i'm seriously struggling to see what anyone else sees in this band and i've tried for years.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|