View Single Post
Old 01.07.2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
His albums are not too consistent.
There are beautiful beautiful songs on 1990, together with stuff that doesn't do it for me.

I like Artistic Vice; and Rejected Unknown even more (Favorite Darling Girl could be my favourite DJ song).

He has a peculiar voice; I find it hard to watch him on youtube, live.
On Rejected... there's this song Billions/Rock, where he plans to become a massive rock star... But there's that voice that doesn't match the lyrics, and it is so odd I can't help wondering whether he had a precise idea of the impact on the listener - you could easily laugh at him, but he seems so self-assured on that one, you don't know which way to go. That is something.

His earlier stuff is too lo-fi to my ears, and Fear Yourself left me cold.

Discovered Covered was a good pick, with fine versions of his songs by M. Ward, Tom Waits and more...
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|