View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 01:20 PM   #58
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedius
Music is a form of art, and that's why I don't consider Justin Timberlake music. I can hear the intentions behind music, so when I buy a sonic youth record it is because they put all of their creative effort into it to make something they were proud of. And I can hear that. It inspires me. I buy that, yes, so yeah that is a product I buy. And that's an entirely different product than a Justin Timberlake cd.

Justin Timberlake is a different product. Justin Timberlake is like a good feeling program that you run on your CD player if you "like to dance" or hear a cute boy sing or something. It's shallow, and it's pop. There is nowhere to go from the surface. I know some people like that, but that's not a product I like to buy. And yeah, I resent it because I think that it's overshadowed music.

To consider Justin Timberlake's music not to be an art form just because you don't like it is just a bit dumb, to say the least.So, you're basically saying that if someone doesn't appreciate what you appreciate, they don't have an idea of what art is or might be?I don't understand the point that you're making.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|