View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 01:00 PM   #47
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Music is as much of a product as a toothbrush, like it or not.The very moment you make a money transaction in order to get it, you are doing exactly what everyone else is doing apart from thieves , and this regardless of the way it is packaged,played,the feelings behind it etc.Also, the package of a product doesn't ultimately give or take the inherent quality of something, didn't your parents tell you?

Music is a form of art, and that's why I don't consider Justin Timberlake music. I can hear the intentions behind music, so when I buy a sonic youth record it is because they put all of their creative effort into it to make something they were proud of. And I can hear that. It inspires me. I buy that, yes, so yeah that is a product I buy. And that's an entirely different product than a Justin Timberlake cd.

Justin Timberlake is a different product. Justin Timberlake is like a good feeling program that you run on your CD player if you "like to dance" or hear a cute boy sing or something. It's shallow, and it's pop. There is nowhere to go from the surface. I know some people like that, but that's not a product I like to buy. And yeah, I resent it because I think that it's overshadowed music.