View Single Post
Old 02.02.2009, 02:51 PM   #5319
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
the original amityville was so good that i see no reason to have a remake of it.
and yeah, F451 is a great story but not a great movie. i had to write a report about it last year that dealt with enstrangment which made it interesting. but i really dont like troffaut as a director. he makes good movies but i really dont like his way of directing, its very boring IMO

oh and i just saw the original The Blob. it was excellent. classic 50s horror

you can rightly say that there's "no reason" to remake any movie. Let's all just admit, that remakes are basically made to make $ without thinking up a new idea. Now that we've all accepted that, let's just view each film as its on film (the Pixies "Wild Honey Pie" is a different song than The Beatles'). Most remakes will fail when attempting to outdo an original, but if no one tried then we wouldn't have John Carpenter's The Thing for instance.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|