View Single Post
Old 03.07.2016, 07:13 PM   #15
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
If i remember correctly the fire marshal shut down a Sleater-Kinney show encore at the Henry Fonda too. In mid-2000s the fire marshals were strict as fuck about set times... shows would routinely get shut down just before the encores.. I think the zoning laws required a specified time for exiting the building before "last call"

Its clearly changed because most clubs and venues not only play shows until last call, a lot of times the venue doesn't turn the lights on until near 3AM

Yeah now that you mention it, I've had this happen to me as well. I forget where, but I remember griping about "the Fire Marshall shutting gigs down" probably at the Showbox or some such place.

I feel stupid for how little I remember of my concert going history. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen the Melvins, S-K, Mudhoney, or dozens of other bands who I just went to see every time I could without a second thought. I'm not even sure how many times I saw Sonic Youth anymore.

Might have something to do with all the drugs, but still. Feel like a freakin' moron.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|