View Single Post
Old 05.24.2015, 07:05 AM   #165
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I went to Villette Sonique Festival two days ago.
Kevin Morby played (not too enthusiastic about it, two songs I dug, Pavement-like; I don't appreciate his voice).
Then came Ausmuteants; apart from the first song, I couldn't stand their low IQ.
Came back for the Gories; Mick Collins is some showman for sure; fine cover of Ghost Rider.

And then came Thee Oh Sees, and I wonder why I don't read more about them here when I pop from time to time.
They are a really really good live band.
Plus this time, John Dwyer said bye-bye to the young drummer who played for him last year, and replaced him with a double drumming team.
That was awesome!
Except I'm too old now to appreciate being pushed, I went to a corner so that I could see the show without being bruised by drunken wannabe-teenagers. Alas, the music is so entertaining that many people took the stage over and over.
Old songs, if a less than 5 years song can be old, gathered even more power with this line up and new songs such as Web were incredible.

The whole thing can be viewed on Arte Concert till 31-05; if it works (it doesn't really work much for me; I get The Dream anyway, which I love).
http://concert.arte.tv/fr/villette-s...du-22-mai-2015
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|