View Single Post
Old 02.20.2019, 03:36 PM   #5884
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Marxism is dumb as fuck, useless, and completely discredited as an ideology that can run governments.

In the ideal world, the world that most businessmen would like you to believe they inhabit, a product or service is exchanged for whatevr the "market" (meaning the consumer) is willing to pay for it.

Profit comes from selling a product/service at a state of rarity. I can try to sell Mangoes on the street in Puerto Rico but no one will buy them as everyone has a dozen mango trees on their property. My only way to get any profit (meaning more money than I spent to sell the mangoes) is top take them (incurring more cost) to a location without mangoes. The rarer a product or service is the m ore profit can be gained from it.

The USA system is screwed because instead of putting profits back into the businesses, so that wages go up, employee satisfaction goes up, and the product/service becomes of a better quality, much of the PROFIT goes to stockholders. Stockholders are people and organizations/banks that have absolutely no input and say into HOW a product or service is sold or rendered, but who claim the most influence on the state of any business.

The entirety of the USA business and finance system is a giant pyramid scheme, propped up by the federal Reserve.

but rob that is way too large and scattershot for me to be able to answer fairly.

from the microeconomics of mango to macroeconomic conspiracy theories is too much of a range for anyone to answer.

BUT let me take one thing you mention: the mango thing

close, close...

it's not a matter of mere rarity. it's a matter of VALUE.

value may relate to rarity.

for example if you are lost in the desert you may value water a lot more because it's rare.

but just because something is rare it doesn't follow that one must value it.

e.g., dragonfruit

dragonfruit is rare as fuck in this here desert. i look at it, five bucks, fuck that, i can buy a red baron pizza and a can of pringles for that.

i don't value the rare dragonfruit. maybe some day. i don't know. who cares.

so you're right that profit and value are related.

but value. it's not just about rarity.

why is crystal sauce valuable to me? it's not rare but it's valuable enough to pay more than it costs to make and deliver to my local store.

eh??? why???

where does value come from?

hint: the marxists were wrong about it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|