View Single Post
Old 07.07.2014, 04:00 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I've been here since June 2004. Why do I post here for ten years now??

Firstly:

(a) I've never had an in-depth conversation about Sonic Youth outside of either a Sonic Youth live show or here on Sonic Youth Gossip forum, and I've been listening to this band since 1995 and seeing them live since 1999..

(b) I learn about Sonic Youth side projects, b-sides, rarities, art, events, and biography as if SYG were a BAD ASS FUCKING SONIC YOUTH ZINE...

(c) I also get find great tech tips and inspiration for my own guitars and equipment. SYG members taught me how to do repairs and how to hot rod or customize my shit, especially how to experiment with wiring, component parts, and set ups.

(d) SYG has introduced me to a dozen new bands I otherwise would have never discovered, and also helped me form an opinion about a hundred others I don't really listen to but wanted to know about, again as if SYG were just a BAD ASS ZINE..

(e) To check out what other local bands and artists are doing all over the country and even all over the world. We started sharing angelfire pages, moved on to Myspace, dabbled with BandCamp, and now are in the SoundCloud era..

(f) For bootlegs and download links from all over the interwebbs..

(g) Because LeeIsFree quoted me twice and Jim pm'd me

(h) Who else honestly would give a fuck about my stories of chatting with Steve and Lee about sneaking into Sonic Youth shows, camping out for tickets for secret record release shows, or the Grateful Dead..?

(i) To troll destructively with memes.. In fact, many of y'all will remember that I've been doing that since before memes even existed, I discovered memes google searching for pictures to post meme style like I've always done..

(j) I feel like many of y'all are my friends. I've known several of you for ten years, some of y'all have met me at shows. We have accomplishments to celebrate, and losses to mourn (RIP atsonicpark!!!).. Honestly I miss like ten people as it is and love my memories of posting with them..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|