View Single Post
Old 06.02.2012, 06:41 PM   #2977
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
well, just the beats in general. still can't figure out who's my fav. Burroughs or Kerouac. i know it's typical but i still enjoy "On the Road" and "The Dharma Bums" the most. as far as Burroughs goes, i've read more books by him than any other beat writer, but wouldn't say he's my favorite.

have you read "Visions of Cody" by Kerouac? now that's a hard read. he goes on and on without any paragraphs(typical Kerouac high on benzedrine). still haven't finished that book yet.

the last couple of chapters in "On the Road" where they go to mexico is some of my favorite writings. the Desolation Peak chapters in the "Dharma Bums" is beautifully written too. i just read those over and over sometimes.

our library doesn't carry Burroughs, so i have to go to the local college library to find him.

I am a big beat fan and have been since my ninth grade lit teacher read excerpts of HOWL in class (kind of a risky move, really). I've read everything I've been able to get my hands on. Ginsberg has always been my favorite, but I'm with you on Dharma Bums and OTR.

Have you read Go by John Clellon Holmes? If not, you should check it out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|