View Single Post
Old 03.23.2006, 03:18 PM   #11
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Just got back from a work meeting.

I wanted to drive there myself (it was an hour away) but some genius had the bright idea of me carpooling with someone else nearby that was going to the same meeting.

I hate - I repeat, HATE - being thrust into forced socialization with people I don't know.

Dear god, it was one of the most uncomfortable days of my entire life. The awkward silence was so palpable, I swear I could've reached out and touched it. You struggle to find something to talk about, and you come up with something painfully lame, and you both KNOW it's lame, but you seize upon it eagerly in hopes of avoiding as much of this social torture as you can...

You exhaust your repetoire, and suddenly the silence descends upon you. The seconds tick by in your head with an almost audible resonance, and you think "This will never end. I will die before this is over."

And THEN she says, "Let's go out to lunch!"

Why? WHY?

So I ate an omelette, and now I'm sleepy.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|