View Single Post
Old 02.28.2019, 01:23 PM   #36905
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I simply don't like eggs. I might have to get over that. Seems like a super food.

Why is good yogurt so fucking expensive?
yogurt price: oprah + suckers (or something)

well no, depends where you buy

costco's "greek" yogurt is pretty great price and the #2 container is recyclable everywhere. (or is it #1.. i forget. same difference)

if you have an instapot you could make your own but it's a pain in the ass not worth your time unless you po' (you ain't).

actually, simple yogurt is very fucking easy. the straining of "greek" is the messy part. but uff... you still have to scald the milk... tldr...

eggs are GREAT! i buy mine from a local farm. holy shit such beautiful yellow yolks and rich thick whites. such glory

if you have no taste for them, start by buying good ones and see. go to your local hippy or farmer's market.

then learn to cook them.

it's a great project to learn how to cook eggs. like, ONE THING, know what i mean? i like them fried spanish style with crispy whites around. i like them scrambled, with heavy cream in them. i like them as a frittata, with sweet potato and spinach. i like them in a spanish tortilla (jugosa para mí). i like an egg salad (im not peewee hermann). i like a soft boil.

look, there are 2 things that are dreadful in the egg universe:

1) raw whites. like when you ask for sunny side up and they come runny like a booger.

2) overboiled yolks. that's the hardboiled that comes with a gray crust around it. that's too far gone.

start with something simple like a good scramble. but do it with good eggs. egg is one thing where i don't mind stepping out of walmart and paying hippy prices. the quality improvement is well worth the few dollars.

here try this version. it's unusual for american style scrambled eggs but very low-risk and good

https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0?t=68
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|