View Single Post
Old 12.21.2007, 06:52 PM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
off the top of my head:

-sy with a really awesome noise act opening for them.
-yo la tengo (highlight of the manifest, second best band: chikita violenta)
-camera obscura + chikita violenta (beautifully haunted and cv played better than on manifest)
-xbxrx (although it was a bit short and not as crazy, best mosh pit of the year).
-otomo yoshihide and fred frith guitar duo (opposed styles make for very inspired shit)
-otomo yoshihide turntable and guitar show + norbert möslang, günter müllen and jason khan (the voice crackers did a great digital drone piece, then otomo got violent and almost destroyed his turntables after which he took out his guitar for a solo interpretation of ornette's "lonely woman").
-fennesz (amazing how he does everything, improvising AND playing songs from his albums).
-francisco lopez (such destructive, vivid sounds he conjures)
-helmet (the band play just like the original guys, page is a madman guitar genius and the nicest guy, the riffs stomped and it was heavy is it could be).
-explosions in the sky (not my favorite band, the place had sound problems, the openers sucks and the hipsters didn't shut up; but the moment where the bass player had his amp fucked but the band kept playing the lulled, subdued part until they fixed it to detonate in distortion and heaviness on the last song was priceless).
-descartes a kant with (the awful) 3 colores
-descartes a kant + sutra + a colores + silencios incomodos (this was probably the best mex underground show i have seen ever; s.i. played jl/amrep rock very authentically, sutra bridged branca/chatham with tortoise and isis, descartes played their schizophrenic brand of rock and a colores made the biggest atmospherics with the slowest build-ups to make for heavier than fuck music at key moments).
-bloodyminded + a shitload of electronica bands at a goth club.
-bloodyminded at an internet café/industrial goth pop club-at-night.
-sodom (from black metal to thrash to german punk to "ace of spades", a very complete show)
-job for a cowboy at the sounds of the underground (second best band...hmmm...this year it really sucked, darkest hour sounded cool but i only heard like one song; shadows fall were better than expected...that's pretty much all i remember)
-porter wagoner and grinderman opening for the white stripes.
-watain and some ok to laughable local bm and dm bands, the best one, i told the singer dude afterwards that i enjoyed and he was like freaked out, like how come i recognize him without corpsepaint to tell him nice things?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|