View Single Post
Old 06.08.2012, 11:28 AM   #16130
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

Ok, I think this is my favorite movie of all time. This goes back to what I was saying a few pages ago about the importance of silence and how it's often underappreciated. The opening scene is my favorite scene ever shot. What it did for me is most likely different from Fellini's intentions, I'm not sure. I got the feeling of being surrounded by the impersonal side of people and the pressures of dealing with them. They poke away at you persistently as you try to escape those pressures... as he is evidently trying to escape from something... which culminates in the iconic scene where the guy on the shore pulls the rope as Mastroianni goes flying down towards the ocean. The entire experience of this film is like a dream, and I'm most captivated by this quality in others like La Dolce Vita (my second favorite of his). It's a movie that remains fresh every time you watch it. There is a lot to take in, and it's always a treat to go into it and notice or look at something in a new way.

10/10, a rare one. Perfect.

i agree with everything you said, its my favorite movie as well. it is also really funny, something that isnt discussed as much. and for me, my favorite is the last scene (and all of the others) i am a big fan of dance and carnival. the last scene of this movie is basically my favorite "thing" ever, as in favorite film scene favorite music favorite imaginary. just perfect.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|