View Single Post
Old 09.02.2014, 05:39 AM   #5511
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I got a chicken and egg question for y'all..
http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/groups

So the FIBA B-Ball World Cup (formerly World Championship) is underway, and as I've mentioned before, all the better teams are the same teams who field elite national futbol teams and who have elite futbol leagues..

So do y'all think that these countries have both world class futbol AND basketball because they are more developed sports' nations in general (culture, talent, logistics) or because they are just naturally good at these sports?

My point? If Brazil and Spain are elite at basketball and futbol not necessarily because of some kind of natural talent pool but rather because of concerted effort and development then the US should easily become a truly elite futbol nation soon because if there is one thing about US sports its significant effort and development at every level.

There's obviously nothing innate physically about elite football countries. The issue is infrastructure and, as such, I don't see a reason why the US couldn't join that elite. It's really just a matter of will.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|