View Single Post
Old 11.18.2016, 11:44 AM   #60
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I loved those early TMNT comics growing up, yup. The original run was the first TPB collection of comics I ever had as a kid.

Look, I'm kind of overboard when it comes to TMNT stuff. I always have been. Like, even my years where I thought "comics were for kids," I still followed a lot of TMNT stuff. I own all the movies, I own tons of the TV shows, etc. I just love the franchise in general.

I have mostly avoided the IDW main series, though. Which was bugging me. Because I HAVE been enjoying Batman/TMNT crossover as well as TMNT Universe, which is only 3 issues so far but I love it.

The new series (starting in 2012) is a reboot by Eastman. I read the first issue a while back... and then jumped to #61 haha.

I'm like that with Superman and Batman stuff.
Though I don't actually own the absurdly shitty Batman movies (Forever, & Robin), I do own VHS (ha!) and DVD copies of Burton's Batman and Batman Returns, as well (get this...) each of the Nolan movies individually in addition to the big deluxe BluRay box set of the three movies together with all the bonus material and the 60-page color booklet.
I think that probably qualifies as overkill in and of itself, but I ALSO own this big ridiculous hardbound Dark Knight Confidential promo book with files on all the villains, "Batman's" profiles of everyone from Beguns-Rising, and blueprints of all the Wayne enterprises gadgets, weapons and vehicles. Haha! Add that to my massive Batman comic and (yes, I'll admit it) NOVEL collection, and there's a strong case for overkill. I also own seasons 1 and 2 of Gotham even though I hate the show half the time.

But I think I really match your TMNT with my downright ridiculous Superman obsession-bordering-on-worship.

I have every Superman movie ever made.
I have the complete collection of the Superman: Last Son of Krypton radio show from the 1940s.
I have an extensive, though incomplete, collection of classic Superman cartoons (ever seen those old cartoons? That was the primary inspiration for Batman the Animated Series. 70 years old but BEAUTIFUL.)
I have the George Reeves Superman television collection.
I own and have read several Superman books, both fiction and non-fiction.
I have a few color test prints from '70s and '80s Supes comics, framed. Rare-ish but not worth a ton.
I have a collection of Superman comics that has sadly been scattered over three states but was once a mighty thing indeed.
I'm looking at Superman right now. Wall hanging.
I have Superman boxers. They have a little cape.
I have a collection of Supes buttons, toys and mini-comics.
I have a Superman wallet and keychain, baseball cap, countless shirts, pajamas...
I have the soundtracks to several Supes movies on cd or vinyl.

But I DO NOT OWN SMALLVILLE OR LOIS AND CLARK, and I never will, and nothing could possibly move me to watch either show (again), ESPECIALLY Smallville. FUCK that shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|